I just got my 100th follower! I’m coming up on my two year blogging anniversary and have run into so many great bloggers on here. Thanks so much to all of you for reading and commenting on my blog! I always love signing in and seeing that little box in the right corner turn orange, because someone commented or newly followed my blog. Now, what you all are waiting for……. I’m giving away this lace infinity scarf that I made! To enter, just comment on this post; then I will randomly select a winner. Entries are open through May 12, and the winner will be announced shortly after. Thank you all for reading about my gastronome-iness and my closet!
Lazy Bones Refashion nominated me for three blog awards! I’ve had this blog for over a year and seen these awards here and there, but never received one until now. I’m so glad that someone thinks my blog is lovely, versatile, and addictive!!! Here are the three awards:
— Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
— Paste the award image on your blog, anywhere.
— Tell them 7 facts about yourself.
— Nominate 15 other blogs you like for this award.
— Contact the bloggers that you have chosen to let them know that they have been nominated.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you
– Include the links to their blogs
–Include the award image in your post
–Copy the award image to your site
–Give seven random facts about yourself
–Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
–When nominating other bloggers include the links to their sites
–Let those bloggers know they’ve been nominated
–Thank the person awarding you
–Share a little about why you blog and how the journey started
–Paste the blog award on your page
–Nominate 10 other bloggers you feel deserve the award
So, here goes the story of why I blog! When I first got a laptop computer, I was trying to figure out unique ways to use it, and blogging was unique to me at the time. I hadn’t read many blogs before. So it was a whole new kind of thing to me. I knew from the start that I wanted to blog about cooking and sewing, because those are the two things I mainly do aside from school and sports. And, for any of you still wondering what a “gastronome” (one of my 7th grade vocabulary words =) is, it’s a connoisseur of good food. I used it as part of my blog title to
confuse baffle all of you with my impeccable vocabulary ;)
7 things about me:
1. I listen to Audrey Assad non-stop
2. I LOVE geometry (which is why I made my first quilt)
3. I can play Canon in D on the piano
4. The first recipe my sister and I made up was called Louis’s Beefy Garlic Bake (a pizza named after our dog).
5. I have another blog called Hard-backed, but I haven’t updated it for months. So if you look at it, don’t expect much!
6. If you looked at my other blog, you can tell that I’ve read The Count of Monte Cristo. Well, I’m reading it again now. It has over a thousand pages.
7. Possibly my favorite Bible verse is Hebrews 10:23, which says “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess for He who promised is faithful.”
Here are the people I’m nominating: